Do not Pay to apply for financial aid! There are scams out there, using a .com link these will cost you to apply, save your money for college and use this
FREE application link www.fafsa.ed.gov
- FAFSA application is required by all college qualities you for: when applying for scholarships, grants, work-study, student employment or student loans .
- If you don’t quality you need to apply to be available for scholarships and loans.
Applying for financial aid on time is EXTREMELY important. You may not be considered for all financial aid programs if you miss the FAFSA priority funding deadline.
AIM FOR JANUARY 1 or as soon after
- Get started early in December: Getting a PIN number is a first priority - www.fafsa.ed.gov student and one parent need a PIN number, which is used for youre-signature on the electronic FAFSA.
- Print out a worksheet of the FAFSA form and prepared by student and parent.
- When the 2012-2013 form is posted, prepare by using the worksheet, save and have ready for January 2, 2013.
- Send FAFSA electronically January 2 (if possible) and NO LATER than 1 month before the college deadline.
- Parents: if taxes are not done do not let this delay applying, use your last pay stub information, upon completion of tax return send a signed copy to FAFSA. If you do not have computer assess the Mid Columbia Library has this service.
Any questions see Mrs. Rathbun in the Career Center-room 601