Compass/ Running Start is a program available for Juniors and Seniors in High school. If one qualifies they are given the chance to experience college while still in high school. One will be able to attend CBC and gain college credits
COMPASS / Running Start testing period
- Application must be made to the college, $26.00
- Pre-register for COMPASS test by calling the testing center 547-0511 extension 2370, we will need college student ID number.
- Pre-payment is necessary at the cashier’s office $20.00
- Early arrival is necessary 10-15 minutes before exam.
- After testing results will be given
- Pre-register for COMPASS test by calling the testing center 547-0511
- VERY IMPORTANT: IDENTIFY THEY ARE RUNNING START
- To register, student must know their social security number
- Pay cashier $20.00 before testing
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early
- Provide Social Security and photo ID at the time of test
- FYI – after testing they take the results to Janice Bocek, Running Start Coordinator for next step.
- no college prep is neccessary
- Be sure to take appropriate test which applies to your chosen college.
- PSAT - October Sophomore – Juniors Only
- ACT- site provides educational services for students and their parents related to college admissions testing. http://www.act.org/
- SAT– By using the answers from the sample test which is provided in the Taking the SAT I Reasoning Test booklet available in the counseling center, the student can get feedback as to their areas of strength and weaknesses as they prepare for the test. It also provides worksheets for the various areas the SAT I tests. http://www.collegeboard.com/
- Compass Testing - Community colleges use Compass testing for placement purposes. Placement tests are required for full-time degree or certificate programs, or any English and math courses. Study guides in the Career Center –room 601